Awesome PD at St Mary’s High School last week. The day began with a lovely prayer service led by Mike Kirby that was very inspiring, and very uplifting. Great way to start the day along with deliciously yummy apple cake prepared by Kristen Fitzsimmons. I attended a great presentation by James Beyer on Poll Everywhere, Kahoot and Zaption. I got some awesome tips that LC and I are excited to try out. Really cool, interactive stuff. LC has since used Kahoot and who would have thought test review could be so interesting and interactive! There were great tips and tools from Greg Ayrheart on iPads. Greg shared the following information in his informative presentation:
- Students with SEA iPads who have executive functioning challenges, with training, show great improvement in their organizational skills.
- Non-readers, with training, are able to use eText effectively.
- iPads are very useful to download textbooks and Airdrop is a feature that should be more readily utilized.
- When students use their iPads effectively in the classroom they become REAL users of tech.
- Things for all student with technology include Nearpod app, eText and Edmodo sharing web site.
Brad and I are excited to use Airdrop more effectively. Greg also said that he always asks his students: “How is your problem-solving going to be an asset to your employer?”